Sunday, March 13, 2011

Imitation Vanilla

http://rhythmshare.com/f78ve1

I get lifted till I'm spinning like a sandstorm
'Cause imitation is flattery of the highest form
They called me Daniel eight days after I was born
By age four I was more middle class than Marshall Mathers was poor
So this is my story in all its glory
How I went from Columbus Torah all the way to the top forty
I'm not the real Slim Shady 'cause Marshall Mathers came before me
Taught me how to perform and make your fans adore me
He told me "don't do drugs because they're habit forming"
My formative years spent with my white Jewish peers
Pop music by gay men was always ringing in my ears
Like Elton, Pet Shop Boys and George Michael
And Freddie Mercury was always riding his bicycle
But what did I know? I was just a little vanilla icicle
Searching for a rebbe, a role model whose ideas I could recycle
So I took a walk down the Shvil Yisrael
Eschewing showers, collecting sea shells
Five weeks on trail we were beginning to smell
Like a country garden in the nether reaches of hell
Alter Shimon always had a rhyme to spit or a tale to tell
He memorized "the real Slim Shady" so well he had me MFROTFLOL
And little Danny Pop had never heard that stuff before
Like someone snuck into my mind and opened a trap door
Before I knew it I was Slim Shady number three hundred and four
The new unit out the drawer from the Slim Shady store
Attack of the clones like it was Star Wars
Now, would the world be worse off one Slim Shady fewer?
I'm not sure, but if you feel the way I feel I've got the cure
Imitation Vanilla, 100% pure

chorus:
I'm not Shady
I'm not the real Shady
I'm MC Complete and I'm just imitating
And while you're all debating who's the real Slim Shady
I'll be imitating all the music that you're making

Ran far away to Far Rockaway
So they keyed me up and threw the lock away
I talk a way that most folks can't understand
Like I'm a refugee from Hip-hopistan
I'm complete like a breakfast with Raisin Bran
But I'm losing my mind 'cause I can't find my master plan
I swear it was right here in my right hand
Must have been snatched by some sycophantic fan
Who wants to try to imitate the imitation man

(chorus)

So will the real Slim Shady please stand up
The Dr. Dre with the real degree stand up
All you record labels who like to compete stand up
And let's see who's got the sweetest contract
For MC Complete
Come on, you know you need it
Don't make me repeat it

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up
The Dr. Dre with the real degree stand up
The record labels who like to compete stand up
And let's see who's got the sweetest contract for MC Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment