Monday, March 28, 2011

ashrei

Yo, who’s in the house? In the house of the Lord
Playing that harp like it was a harpsichord
King David, the warrior poet
A gangsta rapper but he probably didn’t know it
The greatest lyricist whoever lived
But before he was the king, he was a fugitive
Always on the lam, one step ahead of the law
‘Cause the king at the time was his father-in-law
When his childhood hero turned into a villain
David’s solution was to say more Tehillim
Yo happy is the nation that does it this way
Yo sometimes I feel like I got nothing to say
But ashrei

chorus:
Ashrei yoshvei vetecha
Od yehallelcha sela
God is great, just ask Christopher Hitchens
Merciful to all creatures according to our religion
Hasidim always praising You in every generation
On every YouTube channel, every radio station
The King of Kings, yo, forever and ever
Distributing health food, just like Unilever
You open your hand, satisfy our desires
Now our cup is overflowing like a bonus multiplier
Saving all the heros, destroying all the villians
You can read all about it in the pages of Tehillim
Yo happy is the nation that does it this way
Yo sometimes I feel like I got nothing to say
But ashrei

(chorus)

I like electric guitars, and electric cars and electrical engineering
But what are those irritating lyrics that I’m hearing?
I wish heavy metal would be always instrumental
But usually it’s mostly pathetic and sentimental
Music ruined video games, but rock and roll
Was ruined by the lyrics of this melody I stole
And hip hop? Well, that was ruined by Evil Jared
‘Cause all of this swearing has no redeeming social merit
He’s a guitar hero but a lyrical villian
So you keep your Bloodhound Gang and please pass me the Tehillim
Yo happy is the nation that does it this way
Yo sometimes I feel like I got nothing to say
But ashrei

(chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment