Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Twitter

The ceilings in the Yeshivat Har Etzion bet midrash are very high, and the windows do not have screens, at least they didn't when I was there 15 years ago, so it was not uncommon (don't tell George Orwell I just used a double negative) to see birds flying in the bet midrash.  At the time, I thought that was really cool.

One Shabbat afternoon after the shiur klali, I walked up to ask Rav Lichtenstein a question, but on the way, I stepped on something.  I looked down and I saw that it was a dead bird.  Quickly, I got paper towels, picked up the bird, and deposited it in the trash somewhere.

I think this was a big zechus for me in shamayim.  So today, when I wonder what in the world I did to deserve all the wonderful things I've been blessed with, I sometimes think of that dead bird on that Shabbat afternoon 15 years ago in Yeshivat Har Etzion.

No comments:

Post a Comment